Thursday, August 5, 2010

Mail from my Man

When we were dating I treasured the way my husband signed cards.


It was even more wonderful if he added a few lines.


Once when I was at Bibleschool I got a whole letter!


I think its pretty much a typical guy thing to not enjoy writing.


But now that he is in prison ,


( ok that would be the negative part)


(here's the positive):


I have a huge bundle of letters from him.


Some " today we had cooked spinach ..." kind of letters,


but also very many, very meaningful letters.


It totally makes my whole day to get anything from him!


But lately I have been getting some very exciting things!



Like this guitar.




It was his in prison.


..

And he couldn't get a stand or bag for it to protect it


So he decided to send it home to me.


I really want to learn how to play it!




Today he sent me this:)




Feels a little overwhelming


But its one of my goals for the winter.


I think I can do it


I LOVE music


He has learned so many new skills in prison


He acquired his mechanics license


pretty much mastered the accoustic bass


now he is learning electric bass.


His most recent interest...



This is one of his first drawings


I thought it was pretty amazing


Especially for a guy whose previous idea of drawing was stick figures:)


...

I love my man and all the interests and dreams we have in common.




Cant wait to have him home again!



4 comments:

  1. Wow pretty impressive! U really should learn guitar for when he comes home. He'd be so impessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice drawing, Matt! Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. go ang way to look at the positive in life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw Angie I am sure the mailbox is a super exciting part of your day... Gotta luv mail like that!
    -Renee

    ReplyDelete