Sunday, August 22, 2010

Come, let's sit and watch the parade!



McAlisterville
Bicentennial Parade
If you haven't had the pleasure of watching a parade this summer
maybe you will enjoy these pictures of mine
(without sweltering in the 100 degree weather)


This is for you Melissa
They didn't have Elenore in the parade
but this looks like it could be her cousin:)






Check out the little girl in the back seat
Could she be any more darling?



I just love old automobiles:)


It just seemed like I should capture every Mustang
Seeing how I come from a Mustang loving family and all.



I want one of these some day
Wouldn't it be perfect for yardsaling and estate sales?
Actually fact: Matt and I took some of our wedding pictures in this truck
I suppose Red felt sorry that our leaving -the -wedding vehicle was a Cavalier:)
It made darling photos if I do say so myself



Check out the man on the back seat
I was honestly a lil concerned that he'd be able to hold on for 2 hours
and not die of heat stroke
He had to be atleast 80!



In all honesty
I believe these people really were the highlight of the whole parade:)


Farmer boys



Yes, we are a little redneck/farmer-y
But really we kinda love it that way:)
Mock if you like



Whats not to love?



Not sure who was prouder,
(Thats not a word, is it?)
Grandpa or the boys



Notice they all got their red, black and IH hats on
except Val, she must've thought she was too cool for the hat:)
I'm the weird mom in the reflection
wearing purple and taking tons of picture:)









That, my freinds, is talent!
I never tried it myself
but just the idea that they had to get a running start to got on
suggests to me that I would fail miserably if I tried
You have permission to laugh at any mental pictures my might be getting.

Hope you enjoyed the virtual parade
Now here's a glimpse into
my road trip to Ohio
.



I think I love tunnels as much as kids!




Although I am always curious/slightly concerned what is holding the entire mountain up above us:{



Hey we arrived at my sisters and my son just loved doting over his little cousin Genna



Hey now we are getting ready to leave
(4 days later)
Yeah I didn't make a whole lot of use out of my camera this trip.
Thats all the Weaver cousins by the way


Lisa's big, full of character, lovely, old house.
See the tire swing in the corner?
And they have a lil wooden white barn with a calf in it!
I love it!



And her darling kids
Can you tell they are very expressive?



And all us girls:)
It was so much fun hanging out with my sisters all week!
Wish we could do this more often!
Love ya, sisters!


1 comment: