Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Dying Leather!

This was fun for something different!
I stole this humongous genuine piece of leather for 20 bucks!!


The only problem-
the color was called hot pepper....
so I went dye shopping.


I got this and dark brown.


My test areas-
black was too black
and too dull.
the bottom tip is 2 coats of dark brown
and further up , just one coat.


I didn't like any of them
and it would just be boring if I didn't try mixing them!


This is why I can't have nice nails :)
And this is the color I came up with, with 3/4 dark brown and 1/4 black


I like it :)


And wah-lah a huge, gorgeous leather hide!


And this is all just a very small part of the project
" redo a huge manly executors desk for Matthew"
more pictures coming when the long drawn out process is over!

5 comments:

  1. I love how you take on new things and learn new skills! Can't wait to see the finished results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you totally have more patience then me.. wow!! can't wait to see the finished product!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually really lack patience!! I wish it could be done a lot faster. I can't wait to see the finished product either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi angie,just found your blog! Love it-thanks so much for taking on a sewing project @ such short notice-my daughter is forever indebted to you(if there is such a word!!)Have an amazing day.Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was no problem! I work better under preasure than when i'm not :) Glad I could help her!

    ReplyDelete