Friday, May 14, 2010

101 Projects

This just seemed like a Kodak opportunity:)




Project Number One

It feels like I have 101 projects. I didn't actually take the time to count or list them. But now that I moved into a house that I think I can safely say is 3 times bigger than my old one, I am almost overwhelmed, but delighted is more like it. So I will be showing project after project as I conquer them! :)

My mother-in-law gave me this Pennsylvania House table. It is wobbly and it had a sticky nasty layer of table cloth fuzz stuck to it but I had a plan:)



I sanded it down

I'm redoing furniture for my sewing room and wanted all cream colors. To my dismay I went to my wood working shed an discovered the paint I had been using was all dried up.

Then I saw a can that was not yet opened with a 50 cent sticker on it. ( A whole can not even opened! I love yard sales! And I almost never pay for paint! Last summer I got like 5 gallons for free along the road!) To my delight when I opened and stirred it, It was very similar to the paint I was using. Tavern Tan is not as dark as I thought it sounded. It is actually very creamy and I love it!




I gave it two coats of tavern tan



Then I distressed it

If you want to see the finished project you will have to wait til I finish it. :) It is drying and waiting for polyrathien. (sp?)

2 comments:

  1. hey cool!!!! can`t wait to check out your blog! LOVE the table redo. :)
    jenny
    @
    www.baileyandme2.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're a girl after my own heart! :) cream/ivory/off-white distressed furniture is my current love.

    ReplyDelete